The County Theater presents the One Minute Film Festival, a film competition that asks local filmmakers in the Bucks County and Greater Philadelphia Areas to create a short film no longer than one (1) minute in length. The One Minute Film Festival is tentatively scheduled to run in the Fall of 2018, where we will announce a theme, a line of dialogue, and a prop that the participating filmmakers are tasked to use in their films.
A short Q&A along with an awards ceremony will follow the screening. The Winner of Best Film will also receive the overall cash prize!
· THEME TBA
· PROP TBA
· LINE OF DIALOGUE TBA
Submission Rules & Guidelines
· The maximum length of the film should be one (1) minute not including credits.
· Each film is allotted an extra thirty (30) seconds of titles and credits.
· Filmmakers are only allowed to submit no more than one (1) film to the contest.
· All participating filmmakers are assigned a Theme that they must interpret as part of their film.
· All participating filmmakers are assigned a predetermined Prop and Line of Dialogue that must be visible/audible in their film.
· All shooting formats are accepted as long as you're submission is a digital copy. You can either submit a Google Drive, Dropbox, FilmFreeway or private downloadable Vimeo link with password.
· If submitting through Google Drive then make sure we have permission to view and edit the video. If submitting through Vimeo make sure you supply us with a password in the submission form below.
· Films must be be submitted as either a High Definition MPEG-4 file or as a High Definition Quicktime file. The types of codecs we most prefer are H.264 and ProRes422.
· We won't accept any DVD's, Blu-Rays or Flash/Hard Drive submissions.
· The film must be preceded by a leader containing (5) seconds of Bars and Tone followed by (5) seconds of Black.
· All creativity including but not limited to writing, directing, shooting, editing and sound design must take place during the official competition period.
· All footage must be shot during the competition period. No stock footage is allowed. Animation and special effects are permitted but must be created during the competition period.
· Films shouldn't be posted online or presented publicly before the official One Minute Film Festival screening.
· You may not use copyright music in your film unless written permission is provided. Failure to do so will result in immediate disqualification.
· The producers of the One Minute Film Festival reserve the right to not screen any film that can be considered pornographic, or that depicts hard core or graphic sex or violence.
· If you have any questions please email Brendan Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.